Shampoo Recommendations for Colored Hair
Hair dye is very harmful to the hair because of the chemicals in it. The hair color is lightened with the substance called oryal that damages the hair heavily so, it is a very harmful for the hair. Hair that is exposed to dye becomes broken and damaged, and it needs special care. When choosing shampoo, strengthening and restorative special care shampoos should be preferred.
Remember that if you have colored hair, you should always choose shampoo for dyed hair with a high level of protection. In addition to shampoo, you can make your hair look healthier and soft by using restorative and strengthening hair care masks, hair care oils and hair care serums. If your hair is dyed, you should choose products that nourish the hair and do not contain any harmful chemicals.
Which Shampoos Should be Used for Colored Hair?
- Special shampoos for colored hair
- Shampoos and hair care products that contain garlic
- Shampoos that contain nourishing oils such as argan oil and olive oil
- Sulfate-free shampoos
- Cleansing shampoos with detox effect
- Shampoos that contain vitamin
What to Do to Keep the Color on Your Hair
- Normal shampoos cause your hair dye and color to fade. Especially if you wash your hair with a normal shampoo immediately after dyeing your hair, your dye will be gone because both your shampoo does not protect hair dye and the color molecules cannot fully settle on the hair.
- If you dye your hair frequently because your dye fades, your hair may burn out in the short term, start to fall out and look damaged noticeably quickly. If your hair dye does not fade, this situation will help you not to dye your hair frequently. For this reason, using shampoo produced for dyed hair will be a healthier choice in terms of extending your dyeing time.
- You should not use shampoos that contain sulfate. Sulfate-containing shampoos cause your hair color to fade and lose moisture.
- Exposing your colored hair to the sun too much will cause the color to fade quickly. To deal with this situation, you should use sun protection conditioners. However, you should stay away from the sun as much as possible.
- Avoid chlorinated water. If you are going to dye your hair and if you are going to need to swim in a pool, you should definitely protect your hair from chlorinated water by using a bonnet.
- Avoid using very hot water when washing your hair. Washing your hair with warm water that is almost cold will help the color stay longer.